Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Dick" Cheney And Gun Control

On February 13, 2006 at aproximately 17:30 hours Richard "Dick" Cheney while Quail hunting shot his 78 year old hunting companion in the face and chest/heart, supposedly at a distance of thirty yards. There are unsubstantiated claims that Richard "Dick" Cheney was drunk--but I cannot confirm these claims. The media labeled this as an accident. But truthfully there are no accidents in life--there are unintended results of actions certain people do--but no true accidents. When a man in this case Richard "Dick" Cheney aims and fires a loaded gun these are deliberate actions by an irresponsible man. Its true the results of Richard "Dick" Cheney's irresponsible handling of a firearm were unintended--but they were deliberate actions and no accident. Labeling it an accident when it clearly was not--lessens the responsibliity of Richard "Dick" Cheney-which is very typical of peole in this society to lessen the responsibility or criminals and of people in general. If this had been the average citizen hunter who had been so recklessly irresponsible--they would have been arrested and charged with a crime. But Richard "Dick" Cheney has set himself above the law--and in fact he is above the law--but not rightly so! The writter of this blog has been a gun enthusiast since childhood (even though neither of my parents owned or used guns) and has used guns since he was 14 years old. I started with a .22 rifle and a 12 gauge magnum hunting birds and other small game. I am now a gun owner and have a CCW and its common for me to go about my life with one of my many handguns strapped under my shoulder, or on my hip. So when it comes to gun safety I know of what I write and speak about--I have a long history with firearms--and a long history of using firearms safely. Its no accident when a man as myself uses firearms without injuring anyone--and its no accident when a man like Richard "Dick" Cheney uses a firearm and grieveously injures a hunting companion. Richard "Dick" Cheney should have been arrested and charged at the least--as he has proven himself far too irresponsible to own and use any kind of firearm. People like Richard "Dick" Cheney are the people who should not be allowed to own firearms--not responsible people like myself who use firearms responsibly!

No comments: